Friday, October 28, 2011

Flyers recap

October 28, 2011

I have been extremely busy over the past couple of days. I have not had the time to update the blog, and for that I apologize. Here is a recap o what happened during my brief absence.

Schenn breaks foot
Forward Brayden Schenn broke his foot in the Flyer's Wednesday night loss to the Montreal Canadiens. Forward Zac Rinaldo and defenseman Eric Gustafsson were called up from the Phantoms to fill in during Schenn's absence. Schenn will be out for 4-6 weeks. He broke his foot after blocking a shot off his foot from Montreal's P.K. Subban

Flyers lose in Montreal 5-1
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400047580

Flyers, Jets score 17 total goals, Jets win 9-8
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400047598

- Recaps courtesy of ESPN.com

Bryzgalov takes the blame
Ilya Brzgalov has struggled over his past few starts, and he wasn't afraid to admit after Thursday night's 9-8 loss to the Jets. “I have zero confidence in myself right now,” explained Bryzgalov. “If you probably throw a ball instead of the puck, I’m not gonna stop it.” Bryzgalov even went as far as to apologize to the fans and the team. "“I’m terrible,” he said. “I will apologize in front of the fans and in front of my teammates. I don’t know what is going on. I have no answer." It's very early in the season, but Bryzgalov is causing a lot of concern. The Flyers signed him to a nine year, $51 million deal during the off-season. The expectations for him were that he would finally add stability to a position that has plagued the Flyers for years. Now Bryzgalov is saying that he is "Lost in the woods right now." Sergei Bobrovsky started the game against Winnipeg but was switched out for Bryzgalov after the Jets jumped out to a big lead. Bryzgalov has been struggling, it is no secret, but so has the defense since Pronger got injured. The Flyers D has not been helping the goaltending, giving up great chances ot their opponents in front of the net. Again, it is still early, but the Flyers goaltending and defense has to step up if this team wants to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment