Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Briere on being playoff ready: "I just don't know at this point"

April 3, 2012


imageshack.com
Danny Briere took a hard hit from the Pittsburgh Penguins Joe Vitale near the end of Sunday's 6-4 win.

The hit left Briere with an upper-back contusion, and GM Paul Holmgren announced yesterday that Briere was out indefinitely with the injury.

CSNphilly.com's Tim Panaccio spoke to Briere today about his injury, and asked whetehr or not he will be back in time for the playoffs.


 “I don’t know much at this point,” said Briere. “All I know is that my back is in spasms. They have some fancy words for me that I don’t understand. No one knows exactly. There is no timetable. Obviously, I’d like to be ready for the playoffs, I just don’t know at this point.”

Panaccio writes that Briere is trying to stay positive, but does not know if he will be available for the start of the Flyer's first playoff series, which will likely be against the Penguins.

Briere understands that the hit by Vitale was a clean one, but at the same time, realized the motives of the Vitale and the rest of the Penguins.

“Obviously, he knew what he was doing. He was trying to hurt me. We all know that. It was clean hit, I’m the first one to admit to that. I saw him come up at the last second. I braced myself to take the hit. It just turned out bad, this time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment